Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted: [By The Way, WHAT Is This Doing In The St. Cecilia's Gym?]

I went to vote today. I love going to the polls. I want to volunteer here next time -- I think I would be good and organized (and also would like to give what for to the bitchy hipsters who are rude to the polling staff. Trey went an hour after me and said it was unbearable, tons of entitled people being rude to the very polite cop who explained to them that they'd have to remove their OBAMA/BIDEN buttons to enter the polling place, etc.)

I've voted in the St. Cecilia's gymnasium three times now -- but this was the first time I saw this sign.

This is insanely inappropriate, as ExxonMobil is responsible for the Newtown Creek Oil Spill or, as it is known by Wikipedia, the Greenpoint Oil Spill, an underground oil spill at one point up to three times the size of spill from the Exxon Valdez. Reading Greenpoint Vs. Exxon you wonder just where ExxonMobil gets off trying to do "community outreach" while they dodge litigation like PG&E in Erin Brockovich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home