Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vegan MoFo: The Easiest Soup In The World

Get ready for the Easiest Soup In The World.

My husband did 2 days of dishes today and I didn't want to leave him with a mess. Plus I had stuff to do besides cook, so I decided to make one-pot Easiest Soup In The World. I make versions of this all the time. All you need is onion, garlic, a starch, a can of any kind of beans or chickpeas, and a green. Even parsely will do. Or not. If you don't have any greens, don't worry. That's how easy it is. Tonight I felt like using black eyed peas.

Roughly chop the onion and sautee in 2 tbsp (or less!) of olive oil. This soup is also super low in fat and high in fiber. YAY!

Add one cubed potato and as many whole garlic cloves as you like. Here I have a handful, maybe nine? I love garlic. Add the potato, garlic and 2 cups of vegetable broth. (again, this homemade broth is awesome. Will make again this weekend!) I sprinkled some fresh thyme in my prep bowl, just to be fancy. Cover and bring to a boil.

We had some carrot I had cut up when I thought I might stir-fry last night, so I threw that in too. Cook until the potato cubes and garlic cloves start to soften. Throw in the can of drained beans.

When the beans have heated through, chop your greens and add them to the pot until just wilted and bright green. Season and serve!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home